Future me

Futureme.org is a website where you can send messages to yourself. But in the future, that is, your future self. The guys who invented it wrote: “it's sorta cool to receive a letter from yourself about where you thought you'd be a year (two years? more?) later. FutureMe.org is based on the principle that memories are less accurate than emails. we strive for accuracy.”

That's an interesting exercise, in fact, to wonder how your life is gonna look in 3, 4 or 5 years.

So, if you were to write something, what it would be?
_Dear Future Me: I hope you're out of that huge debt that you are in right now.
_Dear Future Me: Are you happy now that the mortgage is paid? Thanks to both of us!
_Dear Future Me: Congratulations! Thanks to my efforts right now you are living according to your dreams!
_Dear Future me, how does David Letterman’s life looks like in retirement?

Or other more serious feelings:
_Is the pain about my past gone? Please tell me that you let it go.
_Please tell me that you didn't quit working on that important relationship.
_I hope that you finally got rid of that rotten behavior from the past.
_Who did I marry? I hope I chose well.

When we try to look into the future there's little that we can write being 100% sure. It's too unpredictable.

Well, almost nothing is that way. Because if there's something that you can write in an email, carve in a stone or indent in steel it is: "Dear Future Me: I'm sure that God is with you right now just as he's here with me now."

God is the same always. And always will be. In Christ, our complete past, he provides our secure future. By faith He assures our heart that no matter what comes next, He will come first. In the sense that everything is his loving care and planning. We can step into next day, next week – into the future – knowing that His words carved in our hearts by faith will sustain us in whatever future the future will bring.

In His hands then both you and your Futureyou have quite predictable days to come.



Text revision:
Kim Starr
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US.

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas deste blog

Nos trilhos

O Carpinteiro e os jardineiros